Thursday, November 06, 2008

I'm still in shock...

I was laid off today, with about 16 other people in my office. Total shock. I was packed and out in under an hour. Then I went to lunch with three other folks who also got laid off, and we chatted for about an hour and a half.

I've been home mostly since then, emailing contacts, finding my resume, encouraging some other folks (us technologically savvy folks who have IM and such), filing for unemployment, and wondering how Christmas is going to get taken care of this year.

Tomorrow, I have an early morning conference call to review conference proposals. After that, I think I'll head to the library and get some books. My husband would also like me to figure out our budget and where we can "cut" out extraneous stuff.

I'm hoping I'm not unemployed for long.

If you know of a technical writing job in the Portland area, let me know! :)

No comments: