I had a shoulder MRI on February 16th. I met with the orthopedic specialist on February 23rd (Monday) and it is now official:
Arthroscopic shoulder surgery is required.
Looks like I have the following issues:
- Seriously inflamed/thickened tendon (not the rotator cuff tendon, another one)
- Bone spur impinging on the rotator cuff tendon
- Potential partial tear of the bicep tendon (there's a dark triangle spot where the muscle should be on the MRI picture)
If they don't have to repair anything, I'll be in a sling for 1 week, with 3 months to full recovery.
I'm waiting on approval right now, then they will schedule the surgery. It will be on a Wednesday, since that is his surgery day. I'm hoping it will happen on March 4 or 11...too much later than that and I'll still be wearing a sling at the STC conference in Atlanta if they repair anything.