Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A surgery date is one step closer to reality.

I called the doctor's office today to get an update.

Instead of the doctor's assistant calling me back, I got a call from billing. They wanted to know if I had private insurance outside of the auto insurance. I gave them my information (my husband's insurance is awesome and covers us both) and they will preauthorize my surgery through his insurance too.

I don't understand PIP, but apparently there's a finite amount of money (research shows $15K is minimum in Oregon, apparently). While the insurance company would confirm I still have money available, they wouldn't tell the doctor's office how much.

All this means I'm one step closer to an actual surgery date. And once they preauthorize with my husband's insurance, I"ll be pretty close. I assume that's when they will actually schedule the date.

No comments: