Thursday, July 06, 2006

Sorry for being gone for the last week! Lots of stuff to get done to make sure the closing of the house went smoothly. We signed paperwork yesterday, and should get a call today (preferably) or tomorrow to come pick up our check for the proceeds from the house. Most of it goes promptly into a money market savings account for the new house, but there are some "immediate" needs that need to be taken care of. At any rate, we'll be locking away our 10% down payment.

Well, allergy season took a turn for the worse. Normally I don't have bad allergies, but on the 4th of July, I had a serious "attack." By serious, I mean that I could not keep my eyes open for longer than 2 seconds because they were watering so much...and my poor nose was running a long distance meet. :) Fortunately, someone had some OTC Chlor Trimeton, so I took it, laid down for a short nap, and when I woke up I could see again! In other medical news, my borderline anemia is not quite so borderline anymore. Guess it's time to see the doctor and check levels. I have been slacking on taking iron because it seemed as if it was gone, but I should have known that something was wrong when I couldn't donate blood.

This weekend, we'll be cleaning up the apartment and reconfiguring the bedroom. It's been driving me nuts, especially the location of the bed. We had them put it up against the wall so the boxes to unpack could go against the other wall, but that has turned out to be a bad decision. Plus I'm sure they put it back together not quite right...my husband's side of the mattress slopes toward the wall, and there's a huge gap between the top of the mattress and the frame. Silly little things like that.

No comments: