Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Well, we started packing this weekend. I packed up *7* boxes alone for the scrapbook room, medium sized UHaul boxes. :) I'm keeping a running list of the major contents of each box, and numbering each box, so it's easy to determine which ones to unpack first on the other end.

Speaking of moving, we looked at a new subdivision this weekend and liked it alot. I know, I know....DH really wants acreage, but we're just not going to get it right now, not at the price he wants to pay. So, we'll buy a new home now, live in it for at least 5 years, buy a piece of land sometime in the next 5 years, and start building our dream home at some point in the future. I'll let you know what happens. My mom, who is my real estate agent, needs to be registered with the home builder so she can get a commission if we decide to buy there.

Best part is, it's only 15 minutes from work. Much better than 45 minutes, that extra half hour will be devoted to sleep, I can tell you.

I'm frantically getting ready to do final prep work on the March issue of De-zine at the Digi Chick. As soon as I get home, it's prep time! :) I'm sure AmyJo is anxiously awaiting my arrival.

This weekend, I'm going to the Creating Keepsakes Oregon Scrapbook Convention. I have 2 friends driving in from out of town to stay both Friday and Saturday nights. One friend has booked herself classes all day long, except for lunch...the other is taking it easy and just seeing what's available when she gets on site. I have two scheduled classes (The Joy of Cardmaking 2 and Creating Your Own Digital Elements) and I just picked up helping out Courtney DeLaura at one of the Rusty Pickle classes in my slack time.

My dad borrowed my camera this past weekend. I got an email yesterday that went something like this, "I see why you had issues using my little toy camera...." :) He has it until Friday, and then my husband will pick it up on the way home, so I can take pictures of all my friends at the convention.

And I'm attending the 2peas Pubster dinner on Saturday night, with my two friends (and another friend who can only join us for dinner) in tow. They've got goodie bags, and it's always cool to meet new scrapping buddies you've only talked via online message boards.

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

Sounds pretty fun Rachel :) I thought you were waiting on me though :)

Rachel said...

I am... :)

"I'm frantically getting ready to do final prep work on the March issue of De-zine at the Digi Chick. As soon as I get home, it's prep time! :) I'm sure AmyJo is anxiously awaiting my arrival." :)