Thursday, March 09, 2006

It has been an interesting week and a half. :)

Got through my first week of work. No isuses there, just getting used to being a permanent employee again. And I even get to work on a team! :D

On Saturday, I spent most of the day glued in front of my computer, hosting a trivia challenge at the Digi Chick. Slowness aside, the game was good, and the slowness meant that folks were visiting the site! :)

Sunday, my mom came over to help us figure out what to pack and how to stage our house, in preparation for putting it on the market. Yep, that's right...we're going to move back to the other side of the pass, so it's easier to get to work. As long as we work in high tech, we'll be working in that area or just beyond, it just plain makes sense. After she left, I started a load of laundry in preparation for the week ahead. Lo and behold, my dear husband left a pair of cat claw clippers in his jeans pocket, and they managed to get stuck in the holes in the dryer, and things went downhill, ending with the motor burning out on the dryer. This poor dryer was only 15 months old. *sniff* We have a new dryer arriving on Friday afternoon.

Tuesday, I had a root canal. Yes, it did hurt after the anesthetic wore off. Yes, I do have pain pills for that. :) I get the crown next Friday, right before the scrapbooking convention. I actually think I'm in more pain from the root canal than I was from the broken filling. Sigh.

I can't wait for tomorrow (Friday). Jeans day at work. One of the hardest adjustments to my new job is wearing business casual (dockers and polo shirts) instead of jeans and t-shirts. While I'm not going to wear a t-shirt tomorrow, at least I get to wear jeans! Woohoo! It's the small things in life, ya know. :)

No comments: