Thursday, February 09, 2006

Well, I didn't make it on to Jan Crowley's Creative Team (CT). Ah well! Life goes on!

Now to focus on the next thing: PaperDillies DT Contest. I sent in my entry several days ago, and the deadline is tomorrow. The 10 finalists will be notified by next Wednesday. Fingers crossed. :)

Slowly proceeding on the job front. I passed the criminal and reference checks - I'm squeaky clean! Today was the "pre-employment" drug test that it seems like every company wants you to do. I showed up bright and early at 8 a.m., and the testing lab had no idea I was showing up. I sure hope that got straightened out after I left.

I turned in my official notice yesterday. My last day at my current job will be Thursday, 2/23. I'll start my new job on Monday, 2/27, giving me a nice long weekend to enjoy.

Plans are moving along to get the new furniture. The couch is too long (and most likely too high) to go in the back of our SUV, so we're borrowing my dad's truck. This, of course, always has to involve logistics. Dad is going out of town for the day on Sunday, so we are switching vehicles with him on Saturday night, so he can have something to drive. We'll pick our stuff up on Sunday, then Dad will drive out to our house and switch vehicles again. There is a *slight* chance he'll be going from our house to my sister's house with our old couch...but that's not set in stone yet because we have no idea when my sister can move out her old couch (which also requires using Dad's truck). Ah, the trials and tribulations of furniture moving. :)

No comments: