Thursday, April 13, 2006

UPDATE!

I can now officially let everyone know that I lost the election I was in. I was one of 5 candidates, and only 2 could win, so 2 other folks are disappointed too. I wasn't in last place, but by such a slim margin (2 votes), I consider it a tie.

I appreciate everyone's support. I had a day or two to "mourn" and now I'm moving on. I will still be attending my conference and it will show more than words can say that I'm still committed to be a leader in my profession to show up when I've lost. No hiding my head in the sand.

I haven't decided if I want to run next year or take a breather. It has been brought to my attention that as silly as it may seem, I may just be too young (less than 10 years in the organization, just less than 10 years in the profession) to be elected.

No comments: