Saturday, June 10, 2006

Starting tomorrow, it's 28 days to July 4th! I have committed to a challenge on the Digi Chick to do something related to weight loss for the next 28 days.

They say it takes 21 days to form or break a habit. Well, I’m going to use the next 28 days
to form a new habit: exercise! I admit, I’ve gotten out of the habit. My biggest exercise is
walking around the office during the day, or walking to and from the car at home and
work. This does not give me near enough exercise.

I am so out of shape.

I’ve gained weight.

I’m a size 18 in pants and skirts purely because of my stomach. My legs *swim* in pants
that size, but the fabric holds on to my “football” stomach like a banana peel on a banana.
Wearing clothes this big makes me feel HUGE, like an overstuffed sausage.

I’m a size 18 in shirts as well. And my bra size? It's way too big. This is
unacceptable. I’m wearing XXL in t-shirts purely because of the size of my chest.

Here it is, almost summer, and I am in the worst shape I’ve been in since 2002.

My goal for the next 28 days:

Exercise 30 minutes three times a week, no matter what day it is (weekend or not).

There are no excuses, not even moving.

I will take my bicycle to the shop for a tune-up.

I will ride my bicycle to work at least once in the next 28 days. More if I feel like it, but I
must do it at least once.

There are no excuses.

I will form a life-changing habit, regardless of whether I lose any weight. I will not allow
weight gain to torpedo my exercise habit, I will use it as incentive to accomplish my goal.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This review states that provided that you would like to look fit, you are supposed to select various diets. What do you feel?